Caring for your hair sounds like a tedious and hectic job, the first thought that comes to mind is having to use expensive products or getting it treated every once in a while. However, it is essential to know that hair care isnâ€™t as hard as it sounds, and if you struggle with it, the reason could be that you arenâ€™t following the basic hair care steps properly. In conversation with our Top Stylist Kamlesh Batti, he was kind enough to share with us a few things we should definitely follow while conducting our basic hair care routine.
1. After applying shampoo, use your fingertips to gently massage your scalp to increase blood circulation and then rinse. If you have a flakey scalp, comb your hair before applying shampoo to loosen the dry layer on your scalp.
2. After shampooing your hair, apply conditioner only on your lengths (2 inches away from your scalp to ends) and emulsify. If you have normal hair, keep your conditioner for 2-5 mins, however, if you have dry, frizzy, and chemically treated hair you must keep your conditioner for 5-10 mins.
3. Depending on the texture of your hair use either a serum or a leave-in conditioner after washing your hair, to protect your tresses from humidity and heat.
4. It is essential to dry your hair 100% before stepping outside your home as dust and sunlight will dry out and absorb all the moisture in your tresses.
5. If you are drying your hair using a dryer, then first use medium heat and dry it 80% and then switch to cold air for the remaining time.
If you wish to know more tips and tricks, follow us on all our social media platforms. @Akreationsindia
Also, Read â€“ The Difference Between Balayage, Foiling, and Foilyage
#Tipoftheday #AkreationsTips #Thursdayaktips #AkreationsIndia